Thursday, July 4, 2013

Jeremiah 31:34

First, I want to express my deep thanks to Hal Flemings for the work on the question of archeology and the Bible and supposed contradictions which I posted on this blog more than two years ago. My original purpose for this blog was to involve the other students in my class to interact with me on the questions posed in the course. After approaching the instructor with the idea he opined against it, as a result the blog lost it's purpose. I do, however, want to express from time to time some of the thoughts that rattle around my skull. To that end, I will surprise any who may follow this blog with post when they come to me...so I guess I'm saying don't expect anything with regularity!

I've been wondering about Jeremiah 31:34..."And they will no more teach each one his companion and each one his brother, saying, 'Know Jehovah!' for they will all of them know me, from the least one of them even to the greatest one of them," is the utterance of Jehovah. "For I shall forgive their error, and their sin I shall remember no more." Really then, when is this fulfilled? Has it been undergoing fulfillment? Have we seen the need to teach our brothers to know Jehovah dispensed with? There is no doubt that the new covenant, of verse 31, has been established...so when will the need to teach others to know Jehovah be dispensed with...evidently not until the coming of Christ...we will all be connecting and helping others connect with Jehovah until the perfect day I suppose. I'm not wedded to this idea, but rather just pondering on the thought presented in Jeremiah...

1 comment: